Things to do in Nainital
Nainital have gifts for everyone in all seasons, if you like adventure, you can enjoy the trek ways to reach the peaks of Himalaya and if you are found of flora and fauna then Corbett Reserve Park is the best place for you and even in Nanital you can check-in many places as well, like Tiffen top, temples and other places.
But Corbett is the best part of you which should be in your bucket list for the Nanital trip because it has the qualities to add an extraordinary reminiscence to your life.
In Nainital, you’ll not only find natural beauty and all which I have mentioned here. Here you can celebrate festivals – Nanda Devi festival, Vasant Utsav, Nainital Ma Mahotsav, Holi, Diwali, which are celebrated with the great passion.
At the time of the festival, the whole city is decorated by the colorful lights and people loves to gather, meet each other and greet with sweets.
Top 5 Places to visit in Nainital
1 Tiffin Top:
It is a must go place in your list, because this can be the best spot where you can enjoy the scenic beauty of Nainital.
Naina Devi Temple, Mukhteshwar Temple, Hanuman Gari are some famous temple where you can visit and fulfill your wishes. For a nature lover, Nainital Tiger Zoo, Eco Cave, Naina Peak etc are some beautiful places where you can enjoy the natural beauty of Nainital.
3 Corbett National Park:
A park is known as first Tiger reserve of India. It is very famous for the maximum number of Tiger. This park is situated about 68km from Nainital. This is the reason as it is near to Nainital and also the best place to visit. You can do a safari and enjoy watching wildlife animals like Tiger, leopard, bear, deer etc.
4 Lakes in Nainital:
It just takes a half day to visit all the lakes because they are situated hardly 1 km from each other. You can just sit in the evening time on the lakeside and enjoy the sunset, even you can hire a boat to enjoy this scenic beauty. It is a perfect ending to a beautiful day. The number of tourist visit here and enjoy the lake view and slowly dimming sky to sit on the lakeside benches.
5 Naina peak:
On early morning just wake up and go for a walk or should I say trek. It is the highest point of Nainital and also a major tourist attraction for tourist. The trek way contains lots of ups and downs but it is easy and adventurous trekking way to reach the top of the peak.
Best Time to Visit:
- In winters (Oct- Feb) this place is like heaven, stunning views of Himalaya, foggy roads, beautiful green hills covered with white snowflakes. I also advise you to visit this place in winters, this place has the quality to calm your mind.
- In summers (March-May), the temperature is quite relaxing and comfortable. A cool breeze will fill you from enthusiasm, it is the time when Nainital is full from a large number of tourist.
- In Monsoon (June to September), the rainy season will bring the sparkle to the environment with lots of greenery and blooming of the flowers. It again rejuvenates and fills the whole place with the muddy and deodar tree’s fragrance.
How to reach:
- By Airways: Pantnager is the nearest Airport, which is 65km from Nainital
- By Train: Kathgodam, 34km from Nainital.
- By Road: Well connected by the major roads and cities.